Our EMC pipeline is based on a strong understanding of how MSCs function in disease. In fact, our co-founders have published on it.
Relevant Publications by our Scientific Founders & Advisors
- Wobma, HM, Tamargo, MA, Goeta, S, Brown, LM, Duran-Struuck, R and Vunjak-Novakovic, G (2018). The influence of hypoxia and IFN-γ on the proteome and metabolome of therapeutic mesenchymal stem cells. Biomaterials 167: 226–234.
- Wobma, HM, Kanai, M, Ma, SP, Shih, Y, Li, HW, Duran-Struuck, R, et al. (2018). Dual IFN-γ/hypoxia priming enhances immunosuppression of mesenchymal stromal cells through regulatory proteins and metabolic mechanisms. J. Immunol. Regen. Med. 1: 45–56.
- Liu, Y, Yuan, X, Muñoz, N, Logan, TM and Ma, T (2018). Commitment to Aerobic Glycolysis Sustains Immunosuppression of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Stem Cells Transl. Med.: 1–14.
- Yuan, X, Tsai, AC, Farrance, I, Rowley, JA and Ma, T (2018). Aggregation of culture expanded human mesenchymal stem cells in microcarrier-based bioreactor. Biochem. Eng. J. 131: 39–46.
- Wobma, HM, Liu, D and Vunjak-Novakovic, G (2017). Paracrine Effects of Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Cultured in Three-Dimensional Settings on Tissue Repair. ACS Biomater. Sci. Eng. 4: 1162-1175.
- Zimmermann, J, Hettiaratchi, M and McDevitt, T (2016). Enhanced Immunosuppression of T Cells by Sustained Presentation of Bioactive Interferon-y Within Three-Dimensional Mesenchymal Stem Cell Constructs. Stem Cells Transl. Med. 6: 223-237.
- Zimmermann, JA and Mcdevitt, TC (2014). Pre-conditioning mesenchymal stromal cell spheroids for immunomodulatory paracrine factor secretion. Cytotherapy 16: 331–345.
- Griffiths, S, Baraniak, PR, Copland, IB, Nerem, RM and McDevitt, TC (2013). Human platelet lysate stimulates high-passage and senescent human multipotent mesenchymal stromal cell growth and rejuvenation in vitro. Cytotherapy 15: 1469–1483.
- Daly, A (2012). Remestemcel-L, the first cellular therapy product for the treatment of graft-versus-host disease. Drugs of Today 48: 773–783
- Lutton, B and Duran-Struuck, R (2011). Immunogenicity versus immunomodulation of perinatal stem cells. Perinatal Stem Cells 2nd Edition: 89–103.